Stay "Pawsitive" May 12, 2016 17:29
If this kitty can stay pawsitive, so can you!
Start your day with a smile. Here are some tips on how to stay positive, happy, and healthy.
- Exercise: Exercise your body and mind. Exercise has physical as well as mental and emotional benefits. Getting out there and moving around will keep your body in better shape, as well as boosting your self-esteem for having the discipline to exercise.
- Breathe: Take several small breaks during the day and inhale long, deep breaths into your abdomen counting to six. Repeat exhaling. This slow breathing lowers the heart rate and calms the parasympathetic nervous system.
- Notice the Good: See the good in everything. There was good in your past, there’s good in the present, and there will be good in your future. Make it a point to notice it. Remember, what you focus on expands.
- Practice Gratitude: The most successful optimists never forget what they have to be thankful for. While striving to reach our goals and achieve more, it's important to feel grateful for what we have in the present. Otherwise we cultivate dissatisfaction alongside ambition. Start by listing down at least 5 things you're grateful for at the very start of the day and 5 things that made you happy at the end of the day.
- Cuddle: Cuddle with your 4 legged furry friends! Studies have shown that just petting an animal decreases your stress hormones and lowers blood pressure. They will surely lift your spirits up!